Venous patients come to see a doctor about their veins for many reasons:
- Cosmetic or surface veins may bring them for a consult because they are embarrassed to wear clothing that reveals them to others.
- “Veins are inherited” many women say that their Mom, Dad, Grandparents had “awful legs” and they don’t want to get that way.
- “Veins Hurt” and many doctors or family members haven’t believed them. They are told it is a “natural part of aging”, the symptoms are all in their head, “everyone’s legs hurt” when they stand at their job, restless legs are inherited but not related to their veins, and even worse they didn’t know that deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism and multiple miscarriages could be related to their thrombophilia and vein disease and could have been prevented in so many with preventative treatments and compression stockings.
- Varicose veins and spider vein treatments have improved over the last 15-20 years. They heard horror stories about vein stripping and painful saline injections. They saw people suffer with recurrences even after stripping and injections and didn’t know why? Who should they pick and what therapy should they have?
- Vein ruptures: the typical one is a women hits a fragile vein while shaving, or a man knocks against a vein with lifting at a job and the result is dramatic at first and they usually seek attention right away.
PATIENTS MUST THEN FIND A VEIN DOCTOR, A PHLEBOLOGIST WHO HAS EXPERIENCE IN ALL TREATMENT MODALITIES:
- RADIO-FREQUENCY OR LASER ABLATION TECHNIQUES WITH HEAT
- CHEMICAL ABLATION USING FOAM SCLEROTHERAPY FOR ULTRASOUND GUIDED TREATMENT OF THE REMAINING REFLUXING VEINS AFTER SAPHENOUS VEIN CLOSURES
- VENASEAL, CYANOACRYLATE ADHESIVE WHICH REQUIRES NO HEAT, NOR LOCAL TUMESCENT ANESTHESIA
- SURFACE VEIN SCLEROTHERAPY USING FDA APPROVED MEDICINES CALLED ASCLERA OR STS ( SODIUM TETRADECHOL SULFATE) OR VARISOLVE FOAM FOR SPIDER VEINS, TELENGECTASIAS, VENULECTASIAS THAT COULD RUPTURE, AS MENTIONED ABOVE.
- AMBUALTORY PHELBECTOMY: MICROSURGERY DONE IN OFFICE TO REMOVE BULGING SKIN VEINS INSTEAD OF JUST INJECTING THEM OR LEAVING THEM, FAR WORSE.
NOW ALL THESE PATIENTS NEED AN EXAMINATION FIRST WITH SPECIFIC VENOUS ULTRASOUND BY A VEIN SPECIALIST RVT OR RVPh (Medical doctor)
THEN THE PROCESS OF TEACHING ABOUT ALL THE THERAPIES AVAILABLE AND THOSE THAT ARE UNIQUE TO THE PATIENT.
- THIS IS WHERE THE REAL TALENTS OF THE PRACTICE COME IN BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO TELL THE PATIENT WHAT IS NEEDED AND THEN TELL THEM WHAT THEIR INSURANCE COMPANIES WILL ALLOW OR WILL NOT!
- 4-6 HOURS OF TEACHING AND HAND HOLDING FOR THE PATIENTS, BEGINS WITH HOURS OF WORK TO SEE IF INSURANCE IS EVEN AN OPTION AND IF NOT WHAT ELSE??SO MY ENDING IS: THERE IS A DIFFERENCE IN VEIN CLINICS AND WE WANT OUR PUBLIC TO SEE THE DIFFERENCE THAT EXPERIENCE MAKES, COMBINED WITH A REMARKABLE TEAM OF RNS AND PATIENT ADVOCATES WHO WILL WALK VEIN PATIENTS THROUGH THE FIRST, SECOND, THIRD PART OF VEIN CARE AND REMAIN WITH THEM THROUGH THE JOURNEY OF GENETIC VEIN DISEASE WITH A COMPREHENSIVE APPROACH TO HEALTHY LEGS!
COME TALK TO US @MORRISONVEIN 480-775-8460